- Imperial College London President’s PhD Scholarship Awards, UK 2022-23 is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD, Research level programm(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at Imperial College London . The deadline of the scholarship is 05 Nov 2021.
- Host Country: UK
- Host Institute: Imperial College London
- Department / Field: All Subjects
- Course Level: PhD, Research
- Scholarships Language: English
- Awards / Benefits: Fully Funded
- Number of Scholarships: Check Details
- Eligible Nationalities: International Students
- Eligibility Criteria: Check Detail
- Documents Required: Check Detail
- Application Mode: Online
- Application Deadline: 11/05/2021
Join Our Social Networks:
- Imperial College London President’s PhD Scholarship Awards, UK 2022-23 is available to undertake PhD, Research level programs at Imperial College London.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
Successful candidates will receive the following financial support for up to 3.5 years:
- Full funding for tuition fees
- A stipend of £21,800 per annum to assist with living costs
- A consumables fund of £2,000 per annum for the first 3 years of study
- A programme of bespoke opportunities and events delivered by the Graduate School
- Candidates must be in receipt of, or due to receive, a first-class UK degree or equivalent.
- Candidates with a standalone Master’s qualification must have achieved a distinction or, where this has yet to have been achieved, be able to provide evidence of high performance that will lead to a distinction. They must also hold a first-class UK undergraduate degree or equivalent (integrated Masters that form part of an undergraduate degree, e.g. MEng, MSci, M.Math, are assessed by Admissions as an undergraduate qualification when determining eligibility). Candidates with multiple standalone Master’s qualifications must have achieved a distinction in the one most relevant to their Ph.D. study.
- Applications are accepted by talented candidates from Imperial College London, the UK, and worldwide. There are no restrictions on nationality, although some departments may be unable to support international candidates.
- Candidates with degrees from overseas institutions should check with the relevant Admissions team if their scores/grades are equivalent to the scholarship entry criteria.
- Prior to applying candidates must have made contact with a supervisor in an academic department at Imperial College London who has agreed to supervise their research project. Please note that supervisors are limited to supervise one scholar at any time. Please review the President’s Ph.D. Scholarships – Unavailable Supervisors page for more information.
- The scheme is only open to new Ph.D. applications. Current registered Imperial Ph.D. students are not eligible to be considered for a President’s Ph.D. Scholarship.
There is not a specific scholarship application form. You should submit your application for admission to study at Imperial through our online admissions system and your department will put you forward for the scholarship based on academic merit and potential.
- When prompted for a personal statement you must include a 2-page document, the first page a personal statement, and the second your research proposal. You may submit updated versions of this statement if required following application submission if your department shortlists you for the scholarship. You are encouraged to write in the first person and to avoid the use of gender pronouns.
- When prompted for the names of two academic referees, these should not include your proposed Ph.D. supervisor. You are encouraged to share this guide with your two referees, noting, in particular, the recommendation to use ‘they/them’ language (rather than gender pronouns).
- To be considered for the President’s Ph.D. In the scholarship scheme, applicants must select this option in the funding section of the additional questions tab within the online application form.
- You must also meet any additional application requirements stated by your department of choice.
Eligible candidates will be advanced to the next review and selection process; please see the deadlines below.