- Host Country: Australia
- Host Institute: University of Newcastle
- Department / Field: Internet of Things
- Course Level: PhD
- Scholarships Language: English
- Awards / Benefits: Full tuition fee
- Number of Scholarships: Check Details
- Eligible Nationalities: International Students
- Eligibility Criteria: Check Detail
- Documents Required: Check Detail
- Application Mode: Online
- Application Deadline: 06/04/2021
- We are looking for applicants for a fully funded PhD scholarship for our new Australian Research Council (ARC) funded Discovery Project on Novel Uncoordinated Massive Access Techniques for the Internet of Things (IoT). This project will combine our individual expertise in telecommunications, signal processing and machine learning, aiming to enable the billions of expected IoT devices to transmit data opportunistically with uncoordinated non-orthogonal multiple access. The project will start in the third quarter of 2021, and we look forward to welcoming a new PhD student into this evolving field.
- PhD Scholarship – School of Electrical Engineering and Computing, University of New Castle 2021-2022 is available to undertake PhD level programs at University of Newcastle.
- Australian Research Council (ARC) funded Discovery Project on Novel Uncoordinated Massive Access Techniques for the Internet of Things (IoT).
- Complete fee waiver and monthly stipend as per Higher Degree by Research (HDR) rate.
- Master’s degree in engineering (Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunication, or Computer Engineering/Science).
Candidates are expected to have the following skills:
- Background in wireless communication, information theory and signal processing.
- Track record of research related to the mentioned field(s).
- Knowledge about non-orthogonal multiple access (NOMA) and IoT; publication(s) can be a plus.
- Command over Machine/Deep Learning, MATLAB, etc.
- Strong motivation and should be self-driven towards latest challenges and trends
- Good presentation, analytical, and communication skills.
- The mode of application is through email. Candidates can apply by sending their CVs (with list of publications) and Master’s Degree/Transcript through email at [email protected]
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 1 week after the application deadline.